19/10/2009

Etsy Journal




I listed my Creative Journal on Etsy this morning and it is one of the pieces my heart feels very happy with. I read yet another article in the paper this morning about the pressure young girls are under in today's society to conform and succeed and I feel so passionately about them finding ways to believe in themselves and see their life as a brilliant, messy, bright, colourful, crazy journey instead of labelling themselves success or failure depending on how much they weigh or what their exam results are. This journal is hopefully the first of many creative books I hope to make through Blooming Kids addressing some of these issues on a positive, non-preachy way.


On a lighter note, I have been making little recycled paper stationary sets for children which I absolutely love. My youngest two especially, love to write little notes and scribbles at the moment and it is hard to get cool looking stationary with lines for them to write on so I have created Blooming Kids Stationary and it looks lovely! Tom's teacher is the first lucky recipient of a hand-written letter today and after a school year of struggling to get him to write more than his name, he has suddenly told me 'writing has popped out of him' and that he always dreamt he would be a famous writer!

No comments:

Post a Comment