20/10/2009

Calm down, Boris!




The children have been absolutely loving Sam Lloyd and Melanie Watt's Books. Sam wrote Mr Pusskins which we had read recently, but they have fallen hard for her Boris creation in Calm Down, Boris. It is such a great interactive, funny story with a glove puppet feature so you are drawn into the book in a very vivid and powerful way - lots of room for improvisation whilst reading this at bedtimes! Tom has also really taken to Melanie Watt's 'Chester' books featuring a very rude and obnoxious cat who takes over the story with his big red pen on every page.
As for me, I love their work and am trying hard not to be jealous, especially when I read that Sam Lloyd loves yoga, camping, travelling the world and doing voluntary work for children. I think she may actually be leading MY dream life.
Ahem, can I have it back now, please Ms Lloyd?

No comments:

Post a Comment